Out There Spellings?

Go down

Out There Spellings?

Post by xnutmegx56 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:50 am

So I thought this would be a fun topic to start. What are some names of people you know or you've heard of with names that would be nice except for the spelling? One I know is Lynsi. Yup...

What are some of yours? Smile
avatar
xnutmegx56

Posts : 238
Join date : 2013-03-18
Location : Hogwarts

View user profile http://listography.com/xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by SakiHeart on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:21 am

I know a girl named M'kaaylah XD
avatar
SakiHeart

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-03-18
Age : 25
Location : Western USA

View user profile http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9813915

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by IHeartKyle11 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:25 pm

I have a name that's spelled differently, but still looks like a decent name (and I'm not just saying that. I swear lol), but my personal worst spelling issue with names is when people take boy/unisex names and put them on girls (which is totally fine), but then feel the need to change letters to feminize it. They should just the name itself.

That said, I really don't mind most different spellings.
avatar
IHeartKyle11

Posts : 62
Join date : 2013-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by SakiHeart on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:58 pm

IHeartKyle11 wrote:my personal worst spelling issue with names is when people take boy/unisex names and put them on girls (which is totally fine), but then feel the need to change letters to feminize it. They should just the name itself.

I definitely agree. If they're so concerned with names being boys names on girls that they feel the need to "feminize" them, they should just use a feminine name in the first place. I loooooooove gender swapped names, but I'm not about to change Lachlan to Lachlyn or something like that.
avatar
SakiHeart

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-03-18
Age : 25
Location : Western USA

View user profile http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9813915

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by IHeartKyle11 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Addisyn (or any spelling other than straight up Addison) kind of breaks my heart a bit.

I LOVE Kyle for a girl and if I used it, I would not try to create some fabulous new "girl" spelling. I'd just go with Kyle. But that's just me.

My brother and I both have differently spelled names, so I'm not hating on people who don't use the traditional spellings of names, but thought should just be put into the reason why, I think
avatar
IHeartKyle11

Posts : 62
Join date : 2013-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by Paraskevi on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Two that I know but don't mind are Maison and Kiley. I actually really prefer Kiley spelled like that though. It was the first way I saw it so when I saw Kylie I thought that was the made up one haha

I know there are really bad ones but I can't remember them :/
avatar
Paraskevi

Posts : 100
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 25
Location : Europe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by chellemma on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:31 am

I met and Izayah once! I also knew a Krystl, and in the Primary school I volunteer at there is a Mytilda and a Keirenza.

chellemma

Posts : 58
Join date : 2013-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by CrazyAboutNames on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:02 am

a boy i went college with is having a baby boy and there calling him Dilin i think that spelling is just awful
avatar
CrazyAboutNames

Posts : 47
Join date : 2013-03-18
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by NinjaRobot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:25 pm

I was so happy a few weeks ago, when I found out that a girl in my novels tute was called Aislin. But then I found out that it was actually spelt Ashlyn. It's not out-there, but it's an Anglicised spelling that I'm not a fan of.
avatar
NinjaRobot

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-03-18
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile http://rantingsoftheninjarobot.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by xnutmegx56 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 am

SakiHeart wrote:
IHeartKyle11 wrote:my personal worst spelling issue with names is when people take boy/unisex names and put them on girls (which is totally fine), but then feel the need to change letters to feminize it. They should just the name itself.

I definitely agree. If they're so concerned with names being boys names on girls that they feel the need to "feminize" them, they should just use a feminine name in the first place. I loooooooove gender swapped names, but I'm not about to change Lachlan to Lachlyn or something like that.

I agree with both of you as well. Unless you have a specific reason like honoring someone, I don't see the point. I really love names that are typically for boys on girls, but that doesn't mean I think Carson has to be Karsyn in order to work for a girl. I just paired it with a girlier middle name (Alexa) to try and soften it up.
avatar
xnutmegx56

Posts : 238
Join date : 2013-03-18
Location : Hogwarts

View user profile http://listography.com/xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by SakiHeart on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:24 pm

xnutmegx56 wrote:
SakiHeart wrote:
IHeartKyle11 wrote:my personal worst spelling issue with names is when people take boy/unisex names and put them on girls (which is totally fine), but then feel the need to change letters to feminize it. They should just the name itself.

I definitely agree. If they're so concerned with names being boys names on girls that they feel the need to "feminize" them, they should just use a feminine name in the first place. I loooooooove gender swapped names, but I'm not about to change Lachlan to Lachlyn or something like that.

I agree with both of you as well. Unless you have a specific reason like honoring someone, I don't see the point. I really love names that are typically for boys on girls, but that doesn't mean I think Carson has to be Karsyn in order to work for a girl. I just paired it with a girlier middle name (Alexa) to try and soften it up.

Exactly! Smile
avatar
SakiHeart

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-03-18
Age : 25
Location : Western USA

View user profile http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9813915

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum