Out There Spellings?

Go down

Out There Spellings?

Post by xnutmegx56 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:50 am

So I thought this would be a fun topic to start. What are some names of people you know or you've heard of with names that would be nice except for the spelling? One I know is Lynsi. Yup...

What are some of yours? Smile
xnutmegx56

View user profile http://listography.com/xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Re: Out There Spellings?

Post by SakiHeart on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:21 am

I know a girl named M'kaaylah XD
SakiHeart

View user profile http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9813915

Back to top Go down

Post by IHeartKyle11 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:25 pm

I have a name that's spelled differently, but still looks like a decent name (and I'm not just saying that. I swear lol), but my personal worst spelling issue with names is when people take boy/unisex names and put them on girls (which is totally fine), but then feel the need to change letters to feminize it. They should just the name itself.

That said, I really don't mind most different spellings.
IHeartKyle11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SakiHeart on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:58 pm

IHeartKyle11 wrote:my personal worst spelling issue with names is when people take boy/unisex names and put them on girls (which is totally fine), but then feel the need to change letters to feminize it. They should just the name itself.

I definitely agree. If they're so concerned with names being boys names on girls that they feel the need to "feminize" them, they should just use a feminine name in the first place. I loooooooove gender swapped names, but I'm not about to change Lachlan to Lachlyn or something like that.
SakiHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by IHeartKyle11 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Addisyn (or any spelling other than straight up Addison) kind of breaks my heart a bit.

I LOVE Kyle for a girl and if I used it, I would not try to create some fabulous new "girl" spelling. I'd just go with Kyle. But that's just me.

My brother and I both have differently spelled names, so I'm not hating on people who don't use the traditional spellings of names, but thought should just be put into the reason why, I think
IHeartKyle11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paraskevi on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Two that I know but don't mind are Maison and Kiley. I actually really prefer Kiley spelled like that though. It was the first way I saw it so when I saw Kylie I thought that was the made up one haha

I know there are really bad ones but I can't remember them :/
Paraskevi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chellemma on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:31 am

I met and Izayah once! I also knew a Krystl, and in the Primary school I volunteer at there is a Mytilda and a Keirenza.

chellemma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyAboutNames on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:02 am

a boy i went college with is having a baby boy and there calling him Dilin i think that spelling is just awful
CrazyAboutNames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaRobot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:25 pm

I was so happy a few weeks ago, when I found out that a girl in my novels tute was called Aislin. But then I found out that it was actually spelt Ashlyn. It's not out-there, but it's an Anglicised spelling that I'm not a fan of.
NinjaRobot

View user profile http://rantingsoftheninjarobot.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xnutmegx56 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 am

SakiHeart wrote:
IHeartKyle11 wrote:my personal worst spelling issue with names is when people take boy/unisex names and put them on girls (which is totally fine), but then feel the need to change letters to feminize it. They should just the name itself.

I definitely agree. If they're so concerned with names being boys names on girls that they feel the need to "feminize" them, they should just use a feminine name in the first place. I loooooooove gender swapped names, but I'm not about to change Lachlan to Lachlyn or something like that.

I agree with both of you as well. Unless you have a specific reason like honoring someone, I don't see the point. I really love names that are typically for boys on girls, but that doesn't mean I think Carson has to be Karsyn in order to work for a girl. I just paired it with a girlier middle name (Alexa) to try and soften it up.
xnutmegx56

View user profile http://listography.com/xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Post by SakiHeart on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:24 pm

xnutmegx56 wrote:
SakiHeart wrote:

I agree with both of you as well. Unless you have a specific reason like honoring someone, I don't see the point. I really love names that are typically for boys on girls, but that doesn't mean I think Carson has to be Karsyn in order to work for a girl. I just paired it with a girlier middle name (Alexa) to try and soften it up.

Exactly! Smile
SakiHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum