Baby Names
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to know you game!

+2
NinjaRobot
SakiHeart
6 posters

Go down

Get to know you game! Empty Get to know you game!

Post by SakiHeart Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 pm

I know most of us already know each other, but I think this would be fun anyway ^.^ I'll start us off with a random get-to-know-you type question. All you have to do is answer it, and then ask another question for the next person Smile Be as silly, random, and outrageous as you want (without getting too personal), the crazier the better!

The first question is: What's the last place you'd ever want to bring a dog to?
SakiHeart
SakiHeart

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9813915

Back to top Go down

Get to know you game! Empty Re: Get to know you game!

Post by NinjaRobot Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Bevilles. Or any other shop like it XD It's all so packed together and full of breakables, and I just know that when I get a puppy, it's gonna be super-hyper. And it would kill the store. I don't fancy having to pay for everything she breaks! XD

If you could have tea with any one person in the world (living or dead), who would it be, and what question would you ask them?
NinjaRobot
NinjaRobot

http://rantingsoftheninjarobot.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DearMissKara Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:58 pm

I wouldn't bring a dog to a fine china store. I would be worried they would get too excited and their tail would sweep a nice vase over.

DearMissKara

Back to top Go down

Post by SakiHeart Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:23 am

NinjaRobot wrote:If you could have tea with any one person in the world (living or dead), who would it be, and what question would you ask them?

I'd love to meet Leonardo da Vinci, but I think it'd be even more interesting to meet J.K. Rowling Very Happy I'd ask her tons of writing questions and ask her things about the Harry Potter series and have her sign all my books and anything else I can think of! That would be awesome!

If you could travel to any time period, what time period would you choose and what would you do there?
SakiHeart
SakiHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by kaysee712 Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 pm

I think I would love to go back to the Laura Ingalls times. Watching Little House on the Prairie makes me think what would it be like to live without computers, TV, phones, and cars. I also would love to have horses and stuff so that would be fun. It just seems like it was so much simpler, yet people weren't as "bored" as all of us are now.

What is your favorite dessert and when is the last time you had it?
(I'm horrible at coming up with questions)

kaysee712
kaysee712

Back to top Go down

Post by SakiHeart Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:47 pm

kaysee712 wrote:What is your favorite dessert and when is the last time you had it?

There are soooo many I love, but if I had to pick just one... probably brownies ^.^ (Unless frozen berries count as a dessert, then my favorite is totally frozen berries! Very Happy) The last time I had brownies was December 2012 Crying or Very sad I need to eat brownies more often!

What's the worst book you've ever read, and why?
SakiHeart
SakiHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaRobot Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Everville, by Clive Barker (I think it was him anyway). It was just so boring! I only kept reading it because it was a gift, and I felt obliged to. But it was the most boring book I had ever read. For the first half of the book, I kept thinking I had jumped into the middle of a series. But no. The book just made that little sense.

What is your view on time-travel? Eg. Do you believe in stable time loops? Can the past be changed but not the future? Does "changing" the past merely create an alternate universe? Is everything fair game? Stuff like that.
NinjaRobot
NinjaRobot

Back to top Go down

Post by xnutmegx56 Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:43 am

I don't think there is such a thing as time travel in any sense of the word. I think if there was time travel and you could go back into the past, I don't think anything in the future would have changed because if it had been changed, it would already be the way it would have been. That change would have always been that way, except no one would have known until they actually went back in time. Does that make sense? Kind of like in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban when Buckbeak "died". They had always gone back in time, just never knew it until they experienced it themselves.

But then that leads to ask, are there multiples of everyone running around in different time frames? That's my question for the next person Smile
xnutmegx56
xnutmegx56

http://listography.com/xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Post by SakiHeart Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:05 am

When it comes to time travel, I like to look at every possibility (both from an author's perspective and from a philosophical perspective). Personally I think any number of things could be possible (if there really was time travel), and it would be fascinating to have a philosophical debate about it Very Happy

To answer the question above, if time travel really was how xnutmegx56 described then I think it's possible but not super probable to have multiples of every person in different times. If you have too many people running around in the past and the future, someone is bound to make a mistake and get noticed. It would be common knowledge by now that time travel was possible and is happening. However, there are great mysteries in our history. (Like how the pyramids were built, and what happened to Amelia Earhart.) Also, there's all that mythology and stories of mystical creatures and gods and immortals. What if all of that was because of time travel? A lot of the technology we have now could explain things that happened long ago. And, you'd never know if someone was gone to a different time because it'd be a multiple of them doing things in the past. So I suppose there could be multiples of everyone running around in different time frames, yes ^.^

(I don't think there actually is time travel, but for the sake of the question I pretended that it was possible.)

My question for the next person: What's your favorite time period to research and learn about?
SakiHeart
SakiHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by xnutmegx56 Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:58 am

SakiHeart wrote:When it comes to time travel, I like to look at every possibility (both from an author's perspective and from a philosophical perspective). Personally I think any number of things could be possible (if there really was time travel), and it would be fascinating to have a philosophical debate about it Very Happy

To answer the question above, if time travel really was how xnutmegx56 described then I think it's possible but not super probable to have multiples of every person in different times. If you have too many people running around in the past and the future, someone is bound to make a mistake and get noticed. It would be common knowledge by now that time travel was possible and is happening. However, there are great mysteries in our history. (Like how the pyramids were built, and what happened to Amelia Earhart.) Also, there's all that mythology and stories of mystical creatures and gods and immortals. What if all of that was because of time travel? A lot of the technology we have now could explain things that happened long ago. And, you'd never know if someone was gone to a different time because it'd be a multiple of them doing things in the past. So I suppose there could be multiples of everyone running around in different time frames, yes ^.^

(I don't think there actually is time travel, but for the sake of the question I pretended that it was possible.)

My question for the next person: What's your favorite time period to research and learn about?
\

Very nice Smile yeah, I don't really believe in it either, but I wanted to kind of play Devil's advocate to myself, to try and cover different possibilities. I think someone would have noticed doubles too by now, but as you said there are still a number of things in history that just don't make sense, even today.

To answer your question, I love learning about Ancient Greece and World Wars Smile

My question for the next person is: What's your favorite kind of animal and what would you name one if you could have one as a pet? Smile
xnutmegx56
xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Post by SakiHeart Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:43 pm

I really can't decide! My favorite animal is a tie between horses, buffalo, birds, and wolves ^.^ (That makes me sound like such a western girl XD) I really can't pick, so I'll have to name one of each Wink

Horses: Everheart (g) & Apollo (b)
Buffalo: Royal (g) & Helios (b)
Birds: Petani [peh-TAH-nee] (g) & Pippin (b)
Wolves: Nightshade (g) & Saturn (b)

Very Happy

EDIT: I just realized that I didn't add a question for the next person XD I keep doing that! My question is: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?
SakiHeart
SakiHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by BaileyBoo1011 Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:06 am

I haven't eaten many strange things to be honest....xD I live a boring, normal life lol! Uh.

My question, since I just got back from Disney World, what is your favorite Disney ANIMAL ;p (Examples, Simba, Oliver from Oliver and Company, the horse from Tangled, etc )

BaileyBoo1011

Back to top Go down

Post by xnutmegx56 Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:54 am

Mmm, that's a tough one. I do love Simba <3

If you could live in any book/movie/TV world (ex. be a wizard at Hogwarts, hunt demons in Supernatural, live in Panem), which would it be? Smile
xnutmegx56
xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Post by BaileyBoo1011 Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:25 am

How could I NOT pick being a wizard at Hogwarts? <3333
That's so typical though, even though I'd pick that, I'll tell you my 2nd choice too. I think my 2nd choice would be the Vampire Academy world, to be a dhamphir or Moroi ;p Lol

What's your favorite thing to have for breakfast?

BaileyBoo1011

Back to top Go down

Post by SakiHeart Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Good old cereal! Pretty boring I know, but I love me some cereal ^.^ Though I definitely wouldn't say no to eggs, pancakes, sausage, and orange juice I love you

What's the best movie you've seen recently (in theaters or otherwise)? Smile
SakiHeart
SakiHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by BaileyBoo1011 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:46 pm

I can't remember the last movie I saw D:

Wait yes I can
The last movie I've seen (that I wasn't re-watching) was Perks of Being a Wallflower ;p The book is infinitely times better but I still liked the movie. How could I not, with Emma Watson in it?

If you could play any musical instrument in the world, which would you pick and why ;p

BaileyBoo1011

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaRobot Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:14 am

xnutmegx56 wrote:I don't think there is such a thing as time travel in any sense of the word. I think if there was time travel and you could go back into the past, I don't think anything in the future would have changed because if it had been changed, it would already be the way it would have been. That change would have always been that way, except no one would have known until they actually went back in time. Does that make sense? Kind of like in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban when Buckbeak "died". They had always gone back in time, just never knew it until they experienced it themselves.

Majorly agreed! But whenever I try to explain it to anyone myself, it always comes out like a jumbled mess of "you can't change the past, because it would've already been changed, and it could be changed for the person who changed it, but no-one else would know", which is awful, but your wording ("That change would have always been that way, except no one would have known until they actually went back in time.") is exactly what I've been looking for!

As for which instrument I'd choose to play... It's a tough choice. Definitely something folky. It would be out of the violin, cello, wooden flute, and harp. But probably the cello. I love folk metal music. I haven't listened to much actual folk music, but I'm sure I'd love that too, since it's mostly the clean vocal and instrumental folk metal songs that I like.

Hmmm, a new question... Okay, got one. It's a multi-parter. What is your favourite show/movie/book? It could be on its own, or it could be a series, whatever. Which character or family do you identify the most with? Not who do you like the most, or who you aspire to be like the most - but who do you feel is most like yourself?
NinjaRobot
NinjaRobot

Back to top Go down

Post by xnutmegx56 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:40 am

Easy. Harry Potter for movie/book.

I think I identify most with Ron because I'm always the best friend and I'm never really in the spotlight. I always back up the ones who are in the spotlight.

Okay my question for the next person is: What is your favorite day of the year and why? It doesn't have to be a holiday or anything nationwide, but what is YOUR favorite day?
xnutmegx56
xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Post by SakiHeart Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:59 am

I'm going to cheat a bit Wink because NinjaRobot's question was awesome and I'm bored ^.^ So I'm going to answer that one and the next one too.

NinjaRobot wrote:What is your favourite show/movie/book? It could be on its own, or it could be a series, whatever. Which character or family do you identify the most with? Not who do you like the most, or who you aspire to be like the most - but who do you feel is most like yourself?

I'll have to divide this up, because I can't pick just one favorite out of shows, movies, and books Razz

Favorite TV show: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I love you My favorite character depends on the series (in the 80's series my favorite is Raphael, in the new Nickelodeon series my favorite is Leonardo, and in the others Raphael and Donatello are tied as my favorites), but in every series I probably identify most with Raphael.
Favorite movie: Avatar! (The one with the Na'vi, NOT Last Airbender Evil or Very Mad I love the cartoon, hate the movie!) It's hard to say which character I identify with most, but I suppose it would be Neytiri.
Favorite book/series: Harry Potter!!! Very Happy I think I most identify with Harry actually. That may be a cliche answer, but it's true ^.^

If I had to pick just one character out of every TV show, book, and movie I love that I identify with the most it would probably be Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I can draw so many parallels between Zuko's life and mine.

Zuko has a scar across his face, a scar inflicted by his father when he was too young to have been challenged - I have scars of my own, scars inflicted by my father when I was too young to have been held accountable. Zuko has a dysfunctional family and a terrible father - I have a dysfunctional family as well, and my father is as bad as (if not worse than) the firelord in many ways. Zuko feels he must regain his honor by capturing the Avatar for his father to accept him - I've always felt I wasn't enough for my father, and that I needed to be better and try harder for him to accept me. Zuko has a sister who everything came easily to, who thinks she's perfect, and who doesn't get along well with others - I have a brother who was handed everything, who thinks he's perfect, and who can't relate to others and others' emotions. Zuko came to a point in his life when he was done trying to gain his father's acceptance and done hoping that his father would change - I too have gotten to this point. Zuko faced his father and told him he was joining the Avatar, and was better off for it - I have finally faced all the painful emotions and horrible memories my father left me with and have stopped being around my father and his family all together, and I'm better off for it. Zuko had his Uncle Iroh to fill the position of father - I have a step-dad and a grandpa to fill the position of father for me. All in all we're very similar.

xnutmegx56 wrote:Okay my question for the next person is: What is your favorite day of the year and why? It doesn't have to be a holiday or anything nationwide, but what is YOUR favorite day?
It's not really a set day because the weather isn't very regular Wink but I love the first day of spring I love you Not the day marked on the calendar as the "first day of spring" but the real first day - the first day when it's actually warm out and the birds are out singing at last and the flowers have finally started to bloom flower I love warm weather, and spring makes me feel alive. It hints of fun summer trips and adventures to come and is a time of beauty. I love spring I love you

Very Happy
SakiHeart
SakiHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down