Baby Names
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honoring People

+4
NinjaRobot
SakiHeart
GiovannaSkye
xnutmegx56
8 posters

Go down

Honoring People Empty Honoring People

Post by xnutmegx56 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:12 am

Some of the names I plan to use honor very important people in my life. So, I was wondering for anyone who plans to honor someone with your children's names:
1) Who are you honoring?
2) What names will you use to honor them?
3) And why?

And for those of you who aren't planning on honoring anyone, if you were to honor someone:
1) Who would you honor?
2) What names would you use to honor them?
3) And why?

I'd just be interested to see what everyone says. I'll put my answer down below cause it would be too long to put it all here Smile

(Oh! And please comment on other people's choices as well!)
Razz
xnutmegx56
xnutmegx56

http://listography.com/xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Honoring People Empty Re: Honoring People

Post by xnutmegx56 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:22 am

1. HARRY - No matter what my SO says, I want to name my first son Harry, after one of my incredibly close friends. I started liking Harry from Harry Potter Smile but it jumped to my number one spot after I became close with my friend Harry. I've only known him for a little more than a year, but he has been so important in my life. His full name is Harrison, but we all call him Harry, so that's what I'm going to use for my son.

2. SAMANTHA - This is after one of my other close friends who I absolutely love. Her full name is Samantha as well, and I plan to use it as a middle name, right now for Lily.

3. HANNA - This is after one of my best friends ever, Annie. Her actual name is Ann, which is half of the name Hanna. She is the girl I can tell absolutely everything to and I freaking love this girl. If I can't name a daughter Hanna because I use Harry (they're kind of close), I plan to find another way to use Annie's name somewhere. Ann is also my mother's middle name, and one of my grandmother's first name (Mary Ann).

4. JOSEPH - Joseph is a family name. It's my father's middle name as well as his father before him. My dad is a junior, and since he only had girls, I want to pass along that name to one of my sons if I can. Right now I have Joseph as a middle name to Finn.

Yup, so that's it for me Smile What do you think?
xnutmegx56
xnutmegx56

http://listography.com/xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovannaSkye Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:53 am

[colour=violet]Girls:[/colour]
Annora- This is to honour my great-grandmother Nora. I would use this as a first name, probably with the nickname Nora. The combo I currently have on my list is Annora Skye

Deborah- To honour my mum, Debbie. I would use it as a middle name. I currently have Cleo Deborah on my list.

Mara- To honour Mary, my grandmother on my dad's side, and I also have two aunts with the name Mary. I have the combo Mara Emmeline on my list.

Other females I would like to honor would be my godmother Colette, my grandmother on my mum's side Susan, and my friends Megan, Cara and Jade, but I have't thought to names for those people yet Smile

Boys:

Aodhán/Hugo: Both of these of these names honour my dad, grandfather, two great-grandfathers and an uncle, all named Hugh! 'Aodh' is Hugh in Irish, and this spelling means "little Hugh", rather than "little fire", although I love both meanings. I have the combos Aodhán Theodore and Hugo Finn on my list

James: This name honours my grandfather, Seamus, although recently been considering making a combo for Seamus. I have the combo Cormac James on my list

Sebastian/Fabian: These names honour my father in a very round-a-bout way. When my father was born, his mother was either going to name him Sebastian or Fabian, but for whatever reason she changed her mind last minute and named him Hugh. I love both these names, so I have them on my list with the combos Henry Sebastian and Erik Fabian Smile

Other males I would consider honouring would be my godfathers (yes, plural xD) Colm and Declan and my uncle Declan (not the same person as my godfather). Stephen, Owen and Andrew are family names that I would also be more than happy to use Very Happy

GiovannaSkye

Back to top Go down

Post by SakiHeart Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 am

I'm sort of going to honor.

1) I have two family names that I like. They more or less just honor my family as a whole, not anyone in particular ^.^ I'd also honor my siblings (sort of Wink See question 3)

2) For the family names: The girls name is Marie, and the boys name is James. I may use the name Marie, but I'm not sure. I'm definitely going to use James though because I LOVE it, especially as a middle name <3
For my sibling's names:
Olivia or Olivianna (to honor Elivia)
Alexander (to honor Alexander)
Tyler (to honor Tyler)
Sean or Archer (to honor Sean - his middle name is Archer)
Imogen (to honor Imogen)
Noah (to honor Noah)

3) I have a family middle name and I always thought it was cool. Since I do like both James and Marie I would use them to honor - if I didn't like them I wouldn't use them regardless. For my siblings names, I love a lot of them and really want to use them. I wouldn't mind honoring them, so I'm sort of using honoring as an excuse to use their names Wink

For the most part I don't really care about honoring with names. If I love a name and it honors then great, if not oh well ^.^
SakiHeart
SakiHeart

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9813915

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaRobot Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:22 pm

I love the idea of honouring my loved ones with my children's names!

1) Who are you honouring?
It's most important to me that I honour my sister, Tara. Not only is she my sister, but she's my best friend. I'd also love to honour my poppy Ted, who passed away a few years ago, and my great-grandma Emily Eliza, who my mum Lisa, my great-aunt Emily Lilian, and I were all named after.

2) What names will you use to honour them?
I'd love to honour someone with my favourite name, Cordelia Faith, but I'm having a hard time making it flow well. But I've considered Cordelia Tara Faith and Cordelia Faith Tara. Dorian Edward honours my poppy, as Edward was his full name. Brigitte Tara honours Tara, obviously. Phoebe Elizabeth honours great-grandma, but also my dad's family, as our surname starts with Beth-, and I also like the combo Phoebe Elizabeth Tara. Summer Lee honours my mum. Lily, Liliana, and Lilian all honour my great-aunt. And Dawn honours my nan, Beverley Valma Dawn, but I haven't found a first name or middle name for it yet.

3) And why?
Like I said before, my sister Tara is my best friend (I almost typed 'breast' friend XD). My poppy was a great man - very kind, compassionate, resilient, and he had a great sense of humour. He built things for my sister, cousins, and I, like rocking horses, desks, chairs, tables, etc. He told jokes all the time, took us places, sang to us (he particularly liked 'Pop Goes the Weasel')... I've always felt a connection to great-grandma - not only was I named after her, but I looked exactly like her when I was little. My nan and I have become very close recently, always going out for lunch and going shopping, and I've found that we're quite similar, which terrifies me. And my mum is my mum. She's looked after me my whole life. She's great.
NinjaRobot
NinjaRobot

http://rantingsoftheninjarobot.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FireflysLove Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Rose and William (my top names) are both family names (interestingly, Rose is my middle name, and if I'd been a boy, William would've been.) I fell in love with Rose and Will because of characters, so independently of my family, but I do want to use them to honor. As for who? My maternal grandparents (Roselee and John "Jack" William). My father's family has some... naming problems (Seriously, Harland Ray, called Ray, and Donna Marie had Linda Lou, Sheril Wayne, Bonnie Sue, and Tony Ray. But I digress.) I plan to keep my maiden name if and when I marry (hyphenate it, probably), so his name will be passed on there.
FireflysLove
FireflysLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Paraskevi Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:04 pm

1) Who are you honoring? I would want to honor my brother the most. but also my mom's family and my mom.
2) What names will you use to honor them? Daniel as a middle name to honor my brother and Thomas is a family name. I would use Vera as a middle name to honor my mom. I've also recently started to like Danica to honor my brother.
3) And why? my brother is my best friend & my only friend and I'd do anything for him and I love my mommy and Thomas would honor my step grandpa who is like my real grandpa to me and my grandma.
Paraskevi
Paraskevi

Back to top Go down

Post by chellemma Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:07 am

I would most like to honour my godmother Irma. If I have a daughter her middle name will be Irma.

Apart from that I would use my mum's name, Ruth as a middle name to honour her. My dad's name is Alexander and i would use Alexandra as a first name or a middle name to honour him. I would use Roderick which is a traditional name in his family as a middle name to honour that side of my family. My granny's name is Catherine and I would use that as either a first or a middle name. My mum's middle name is Murray and I'd also use that as a first or middle name if I had a boy.

I have lots of ideas of how I could possibly honour people with names but the only one I'm definite about is Irma.

chellemma

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieIvy Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:27 am

It's a tradition in my fam jam to use middle names to honour family members! like my middle name's Marie and my mom was like Marie honours Mary & Maria, both my grandmas.

Middle names I plan to use are....

Marianna- combo of Marie, Maria, & Anne....me, my oma and my mom Smile
Adriana- my great oma & big family name that goes back for forever
Franciscus- my opa's name
John- my brother who i'm ridic close with
Johanna- my oma's middle name and family name

Very Happy I'm happy most family names are classic and vintage cuz i love those kinda names
StephanieIvy
StephanieIvy

http://neversleepwiththelighton.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum