Baby Names
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gender-switched names

3 posters

Go down

Gender-switched names Empty Gender-switched names

Post by NinjaRobot Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:48 pm

What do you guys all think of using names on the opposite gender than normal? I'm watching But I'm a Cheerleader, and there's a female character called Graham, so it got me thinking. I'm not usually a fan of it (I definitely don't like Graham on a girl), but there are a few exceptions, and I'm not a crazy gender cop as I used to be.

Personally, I quite like Aramis, Idris, Lex, Luca, and Salem for girls, and Artemis and Lena for boys. Though I changed the spelling of Lena to Lenner, which looks a lot less feminine to me! I also like Eira for a girl, which is feminine, but can be pronounced the same as the masculine Ira. I like both the EYE-ruh pronunciation and the AIR-ruh pronunciation though.

So what are everyone else's opinions about it? Are there any gender-swapped names you like in particular?
NinjaRobot
NinjaRobot

http://rantingsoftheninjarobot.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Gender-switched names Empty Re: Gender-switched names

Post by SakiHeart Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:47 am

I love gender swapped names! My favorites:
Ari
Aramis
Averell
Sparrow
Phoenix
Aten
Lachlan
Imri
Alec
Miska
Falconer
Hunter
Jackson
Camden
Carter
Monroe
Sawyer
Felix
Elliot

Sky
Ireland
Raven
Alaska
Aspen
Willow
Wren
Sailor

From my GP list:
Alma (though this one is considered masculine in my religious culture, to everyone else it's a girls name Razz )
Lena (stole that one from you Wink I can't use the Lenner spelling though because we pronounce all our R's here - everyone would say "LEHN-er")
SakiHeart
SakiHeart

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9813915

Back to top Go down

Post by IHeartKyle11 Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:53 pm

What I wouldn't give to be brave enough/to have it be accepted more so that I could use Kyle for a girl.

I don't tend to be crazy about "girl" names on boys, though. Though, there are more and more names that I'm starting to see as truly unisex, so maybe that will change. Smile I don't try to be hypocritical. It's just a matter of preference most of the time.
IHeartKyle11
IHeartKyle11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down