Baby Names
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2012 List is Out!!!

Go down

The 2012 List is Out!!! Empty The 2012 List is Out!!!

Post by tenleyskye Fri May 10, 2013 11:02 pm

I decided to go ahead and make an account so I could post this interview. It's me Hollee, aka Tenleyskye. I know most of y'all from formspring!

So they released THE LIST yesterday! Here's the interview. I'll go ahead and answer.
1. What surprised you the most? Nothing really surprised me about the top names. I guess I was a bit surprised that Tenley fell in popularity... Yay! I was surprised that Jack didn't make it higher on the list, because I feel like lots of little Jacks have been born lately.
2. What made you happy? I was happy Tenley dropped.
3. What names did you find that were new to the Top 1000? Oakley is the only I have noticed. I read that Cataleya is new.. I'm liking it! I wish there was an official list for this.... Did you guys find any new ones?
4. What do you think of the fastest rising names? http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/rankchange.html Oh my goodness. The boy's list kills me. Major?? Messiah?? Gael?? Iker??? King??? All of those are terrible imo. Ari however is really cool, and probably due to the Bachelorette contestant. For girls, I am surprised at the Arya spelling.. I would have thought Aria would have risen quicker because of PLL, I guess due to Game of Thrones. Really surprised to see Marilyn jump.... not sure if she's ready for a comeback! I also though Myla was kind of cute.
5. What made you unhappy? I'm sad to see Eli rising (up from 58 to 44), only because I want to use it lol.
6. Any other thoughts? Just that combining popularity of the 2 spellings of Sophia.... It will never be safe to name your kid Sophia lol!

Last edited by tenleyskye on Fri May 10, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Cataleya info)

tenleyskye

Back to top Go down

The 2012 List is Out!!! Empty Re: The 2012 List is Out!!!

Post by tenleyskye Fri May 10, 2013 11:06 pm

I guess I'd better add the link, just in case. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/OACT/babynames/

tenleyskye

Back to top Go down