Baby Names
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parental reactions to names

+10
chellemma
quirkeh
kaysee712
GiovannaSkye
xnutmegx56
NinjaRobot
CrazyAboutNames
SakiHeart
IHeartKyle11
TabithaLillian
14 posters

Go down

Parental reactions to names Empty Parental reactions to names

Post by TabithaLillian Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Just had to make a general announcement! My mom actually thumbs upped all six of my top COMBOS! Oh my god! TMTAQ, what does your family think about your names/combos?

TabithaLillian

Back to top Go down

Parental reactions to names Empty Re: Parental reactions to names

Post by IHeartKyle11 Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:37 pm

My family doesn't know that I have official combos or anything (I don't want them under the impression that they are close to getting grandbabies, because they aren't), but every now and then I'll mention a name I like.

So far, no luck. Though, my mom didn't hate Kyle (though I wouldn't use it anyway).
IHeartKyle11
IHeartKyle11

Back to top Go down

Post by SakiHeart Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Very cool! Very Happy

My mom tends to like some of my names and not others, my sisters often like nearly all of them, and the men in my family usually just tune me out XD My family is usually pretty positive about it though Smile
SakiHeart
SakiHeart

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9813915

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyAboutNames Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm

My mum hates my boys names and She like the girls names i've picked out.. my Husband mum on the other hand hates all the name we like. When we told her what they where she went oh no you cant name your child that it awful. she like quite plain boring names lol like Rebecca and Matthew and there just arnt me..
CrazyAboutNames
CrazyAboutNames

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaRobot Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:53 pm

I have no idea, to be honest. My mum knows I love names (apparently I leave lists lying all over the house, though I thought I was more discrete than that), but I don't think she knows just how much. And my sister just thinks I'm weird. I have a feeling they wouldn't like my names, though. I think they'd be a bit too out-there for them XD
NinjaRobot
NinjaRobot

http://rantingsoftheninjarobot.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xnutmegx56 Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:38 am

No one in my family knows that I love names as much as I do. But so far, the names that I've dropped to them like hints have all been taken quite positively. I might tell my mom soon about all this though. ^.^
xnutmegx56
xnutmegx56

http://listography.com/xnutmegx56

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovannaSkye Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:26 am

As far as I know, my family aren't aware of this whole name thing. I might mention it casually someday, I'd love to discuss this stuff with her more, because I know she really likes names to (I feel my parents named my sister and I really well) Smile

GiovannaSkye

Back to top Go down

Post by kaysee712 Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:45 pm

My mom pretty much hates all the names I like, she is much more into the trendy names. I mean my name is Casey and I was born in '90 so right on the trend. And now my mom loves all the trendy names like Jackson and Isabella. She does not like Norah or Vivienne or Nash or Murray.
kaysee712
kaysee712

Back to top Go down

Post by quirkeh Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:42 am

My mother doesn't like any of my names, surprise surprise, and my dad is kind of indifferent to the whole thing. I don't think he'd make a huge fuss about anything I chose even if he didn't like it personally.

One thing that annoys me is I've liked the name Penelope for a while, and my mother used to loathe it, but now that Kourtney Kardashian named her daughter that, she goes on about what a pretty name it is.......GAG ME, please!
quirkeh
quirkeh

Back to top Go down

Post by chellemma Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:47 am

My mum thinks the whole name thing is weird but when I do mention names to her she usually doesn't like them - recently she has told me that she really hates Damon and doesn't like Jared but she does quite like Jason. She also thinks Isla is boring because so many people are naming their babies Isla - I'm starting to agree with her on that one.

chellemma

Back to top Go down

Post by grace63 Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:21 am

I'm not quite sure how my family would like my names, but I always have honoring middles, so they can't be too bad about them! My mom is kind of a safe namer, so there are some issues with that
grace63
grace63

http://listography.com/grace63

Back to top Go down

Post by katelynxchai Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:01 am

My mom likes all of my girls names (except Tabitha and Esma Romilly, but she doesn't hate them either). She doesn't like my boys names that much really, except Charles/Charlie. When I say that I like Stellan, she's like "Stellan? You like that?"
katelynxchai
katelynxchai

Back to top Go down

Post by Paraskevi Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:11 am

yay! Smile

my brother and my mom know I love names and I used to ask them but that was years ago. They got annoyed when I talked about it so I just don't anymore. That's why I got Formspring Smile
Paraskevi
Paraskevi

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieIvy Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:59 am

my mom used to hate Ivy but after years of me talking about it she's warmed up to it Smile

she also likes Milo, Clay and Edward for boys!!

Other names on my big list she likes are Hannah, Sophie, Nathaniel, Sarah, Rose....traditional, common names like that.
StephanieIvy
StephanieIvy

http://neversleepwiththelighton.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down